Thursday, November 20, 2008

Hennessy Hammock Camping

Hammock Camping and Hennessy Hammocks have become very common on the trail due to the popularity of ultra-light camping. Hennessy Hammocks are known for their light weight, comfortable, and durable camping hammocks.

It is rare for someone not to approach us and ask how we like hammock camping. The reply is always the same, as long as their are trees around its great. No more worrying about level ground or removing rocks, sticks etc before pitching the tent. I purchased my Hammock after it won the Sea Kayakers award in 2005. The things I like most about the hammock are:


  • Comfort - Anyone who has ever been in a hammock can attest to the comfort. With the mesh top I can lay there and look at the stars if I choose not to use my rain tarp. I enjoy reading and journaling at night and with a headlamp its very easy to do with little movement.

  • Weight/Size - With size and weight of the hammock saves room in my pack and does not add unnecessary weight. My hammock, the Explorer Ultralight, weighs in at 2 lbs and 9 oz and the package size is roughly 5" by 12".

  • Quick Setup - The hammock can easily be setup in 3-5 minutes with little effort. Takedown and packaging happens just as quick. This is perfect for photographers who want to be out of camp and setup to shoot before daylight.

If you would like to purchase a Hennessy Hammock and would like more information on the Hennessy Safari or Hennessy Expedition Hammock you can visit their website by clicking here.

You can read reviews at backpackgeartest.com or at Sgt. Rocks website, a man who has been using Hennessy Hammocks for years.


No comments: